Consumers Tuned In To Benefits Of HD Radio
Customers have consistently and quickly adopted new digital technologies– CDs, MP3s and DVDs, to name a few– due to the fact that of the better quality, choice, benefit and interactivity they provide. And this customer adoption trend shows no indication of slowing.
The current advancement is HD Radio™ ™ technology, which offers broadcasters and their listeners radically updated audio quality, together with an on-demand interactive experience and engaging, new wireless data services. HD Radio marks the most substantial improvement in radio broadcasting because the overview of FM stereo more than 50 years ago.
Consumers can continue paying attention to the very same local AM/FM stations they love but with the added services and benefits that HD Radio provides, consisting of:
• • AM digital will certainly have FM-like audio quality, permitting new and innovative programs utilizing music formats. FM digital will have CD-like audio quality.
• • Static-free and crystal-clear reception.
• • Multicasting for more channels of programs that includes currently unavailable genres.
• • Metadata-song, artist and other information (news, weather condition, traffic ticker info as identified by the broadcaster) displayed on-screen.
• • Wireless data services to consist of on-demand audio. On-demand audio allows for the streaming of content, supplying more information on station programs, news, weather and traffic-all at the touch of a button.
“We’re moving very rapidly to improve consumers’ radio listening experience,” states Peter Ferrara, president and CEO of the HD Digital Radio Alliance. “Listeners will certainly now have even more regional options of brand-new and diverse programming.”.
A few of the totally brand-new formats to be introduced include Viva La Voce (opera), Timeless Option, Conventional Jazz & Blues, Coffee Home, Female Talk, Future Nation, Extreme Hip-Hop and in-depth news. Likewise of note is the wide variety of new rock formats.
One option for benefiting from HD Radio is a brand-new entertainment system from Polk Audio. The I-Sonic™ ™ produces huge, lifelike noise quality-and is the very first to offer HD Radio technology with a DVD gamer and XM-ready satellite radio technology, making it an overall home entertainment option. Its compact measurements (14.5″ x 9.75″ x 4.75″) permit use essentially anywhere-home, workplace or company.
In addition, the I-Sonic was honored as the Best of Innovations audio product at the 2006 Customer Electronic devices Program.